Preparing for Your Surgery
Before Your Surgery
Your time is important to us and our goal is to see you as quickly as possible. Patients are called back for procedures based on the arrival and availability of their physicians. For that reason, the order of signing in may not necessarily be the order of patients called to surgery. Your physician and/or our nurses may have experienced a delay. We’ll do our best to keep you informed.
What are the steps for surgery?
Your surgeon’s office lets the Phoebe operating room know how many patients he or she will be operating on, as well as the order of the schedule. The operating room lets SurgiCare know what time you, the patient should arrive on the day of your surgery. You will be given a time to call us and get your special arrival time so that we will be able to get you ready for your procedure. We will work closely with your surgeon’s office to determine the time you need to arrive the day of your surgery. There are many things involved in getting you ready for surgery.
On Your Surgery Day:
- Please check in at the window in SurgiCare.
- If you need to register, we will do that first.
- When your room is ready, you will be escorted from the waiting room, and we will start to get you ready for surgery.
- You will be asked to put on a gown, and we will start your IV and review your medications.
- If you forgot to tell us something on the day we got your medical history, please tell your nurse at this time.
- We will ask your family to wait in the waiting room until we get you ready. As soon as you are ready, we will bring them to your room.
Your Time Is Important!
Our goal is that you will be in the operating room within two hours of your arrival time. Unfortunately, we sometimes experience delays. We will keep you informed of any delay in your procedure to the best of our ability.
For more information about SurgiCare at Phoebe, call 229-312-0304.