Symptoms of Diabetes
Diabetes often goes undiagnosed because many of its symptoms seem so harmless.
Early detection of diabetes symptoms and treatment can decrease the chance of developing the complications of diabetes.
Type 1 Diabetes
- Frequent urination
- Increased thirst
- Extreme hunger
- Unusual weight loss
- Extreme fatigue and Irritability
Type 2 Diabetes
- Any of the type 1 symptoms
- Frequent infections
- Blurred vision
- Cuts/bruises that are slow to heal
- Tingling/numbness in the hands/feet
- Recurring skin, gum, or bladder infections
You most likely will not have all the above symptoms. Often people with Type 2 Diabetes have no symptoms or don’t recognize them as symptoms.
For more information, call 229-312-1392. The Diabetes Resource Center is located in Albany at 425 W. Third Avenue, Suite 350 in Medical Tower I.