Your emotional well being is just as important as your physical health throughout the course of your pregnancy and beyond.
- Talk to someone. Tell that person about your feelings.
- Ask your family or friends for help with childcare, chores and errands.
- Write down your emotions and feelings. This helps you to express your thoughts and frustrations.
- Set goals each day and celebrate event he small accomplishments. There may be days when you accomplish less than expected, but do not get frustrated. Take one step at a time in the right direction.
- Don’t expect to be a “supermom.” Be honest about how much you can do and do not feel guilty for what you cannot get done.
- Take time for yourself when possible.
- Eat a healthy diet and drink plenty of fluids.
- Talk with your healthcare provider about how you feel. He or she may offer counseling and/or medications that can help.
For more information about the baby blues or if you need emotional support, please call (229) 312-4132.