Support Groups for Cancer Patients in Southwest Georgia
If you're a cancer patient, no one can understand the stress and anxiety of what you're going through as well as someone who's been through it.
Sometimes it helps to talk with someone who knows and understands your situation.
Cancer support groups at the Phoebe Cancer Center in Albany, Georgia, provide the opportunity to do just that. Patients find that meeting with others who share the same experience helps:
- Reduce stress
- Diminish anxiety
- Decrease isolation
- Provide information and coping skills
By becoming a member of a cancer support group, you accomplish two things:
- You discover that you aren't alone in your feelings
- You'll find yourself helping other cancer patients toward their recovery as well.
Find a Cancer Support Group in Albany, Georgia
Cancer patients can take advantage of three current Phoebe cancer support groups:
- Facing Cancer with Love and Laughter: a general cancer support group
- Breast Cancer Support Group: for breast cancer patients
- Caring Touch: a support group for caregivers
All groups are free of charge, and suggestions for new groups are always welcome.
More information about cancer treatment and support are available through our index of links.
For more information about support groups at Phoebe, call (229) 312-2305.