Financial Assistance for Cancer Patients in Southwest Georgia
Cancer State Aid
Cancer State Aid is a Georgia Department of Human Resources program with which Phoebe participates. Patients who meet the eligibility requirements may apply to this program for assistance with their cancer treatment. The state reimburses the hospital at a percentage of the cost of their services. Physicians volunteer their services free of charge to those patients who have been approved for the program.
Other potential sources of help are:
- Financial Assistance for medications/services: There are many programs to assist in payment for medications/services. For more information, call (229) 312-7141
- The Phoebe Cares Card: For information about the Phoebe CareCard, call
(229) 312-4220 (local) or 1-800-514-0015 (toll-free)
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society: For information go to
www.leukemia-lymphoma.org or call 1-800-955-4572
- CancerCare: For information go to www.cancercare.org or call 1-800-813-HOPE
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call the Phoebe Cancer Center at 1-800-490-0684.