Neonatal Outreach and Maternal Health Education in Southwest Georgia
As Southwest Georgia’s designated Perinatal Center, the Perinatal Outreach Department at Phoebe serves the educational needs for both maternal and neonatal problems that may arise anywhere in Southwest Georgia.
Neonatal outreach education classes and maternal outreach education classes are offered in the hospitals of Southwest Georgia and at Phoebe Putney on a monthly basis.
The program works closely with the perinatologist and neonatologists at Phoebe to conduct site visits, consultations, and peer reviews for the referring hospitals in Phoebe's perinatal region.
Neonatal Outreach Education Classes:
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
- S.T.A.B.L.E. (Stabilization of newborns while the transport team is en route)
- PCEP Coordinator Workshop (Perinatal Continuing Education Program)
- NRP instructor course
- Newborn physical assessment
- Peripheral IV insertion
- Disease process of neonate
- Bereavement workshop
Maternal Outreach Education Classes:
- Basic fetal monitoring
- Imminent delivery
- OB/GYN emergencies
- Advanced fetal monitoring
- AWHONN fetal monitoring principal and practice
For information about upcoming classes, please call (229) 312-2808 or (229) 312-2809.