Family Waiting Area
Located on the second floor of Medical Tower I, SurgiCare provides a separate waiting area (Surgical Family Waiting) for family members, and 21 recovery rooms where family members can be with patients after their surgery prior to leaving the hospital.
For snacks or meals:
- We ask that you do not bring food to the waiting rooms.
- Starbucks in the main lobby opens at 6:30 a.m.
- The Tower Bistro, located at the sky bridge entrance to the hospital on the 2nd floor Medical Tower has vending and seating areas.
- The Garden Terrace Cafeteria is located on the main floor. Hours are 6:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. for breakfast, 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. for lunch and 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. for dinner.
- There is also a sitting area located at the entrance of Starbucks on the main floor, below the Surgical Family Waiting Area.
Where do family, friends and loved ones go to see the patient after surgery?
The doctor usually comes to or calls the waiting room to talk to your family after your surgery is completed. The Surgical Family Waiting staff will let your family know where to go once your room assignment has been made.
If you are admitted to the hospital, your family will be directed to the information desk for a room pass when your room is ready. If you will be going home, your family will be asked to return to SurgiCare and told what room you will be going to.
We know your family will be eager to see you, so they are allowed to go straight to your room when they return to SurgiCare. They do not have to stop at the reception desk. Sometimes your family will arrive back in SurgiCare before you do. If this happens, we will let them wait in your room for you. The SurgiCare nurse will be able to answer any questions your family may have.
For more information about SurgiCare at Phoebe, call 229-312-0304.