Preparing for Your Visit
The day of your visit, dress comfortably in clothing that allows easy access to the areas to be examined. You may eat and take your routine medications as you normally would. Please have someone available to drive you home, should a procedure be performed the same day. Some procedures require special preparation and will be scheduled at a later date.
When you come to the Pain Management Center please bring:
- Photo identification
- Insurance cards or information
- All your medications
- Any notes or reports you have available
- List of medication allergies
- List of all previously trialed medications for your pain problem
- List of all previous diagnostics studies and where they were performed
- List of all previous treatments for your pain problem
- List of all of your surgeries
When to arrive:
To help us make your wait time as short as possible, please call us between 8 and 9 a.m. on the day of your appointment. At that time, our staff will let you know when you should arrive at the Pain Management Center.
Please keep in mind that your first visit may last several hours. The Pain Management Center nursing staff will collect a comprehensive medical, surgical and pain history. A physical examination and detailed discussion with your Pain Management physician will take place to best determine your treatment options.
For more information about the Pain Management Center, call 229-312-0300 or 1-800-356-7874.