Press and PR Information for our Media Colleagues
At Phoebe we value the services provided by our community and news media colleagues. We welcome media inquiries from print, broadcast and internet outlets; all inquiries must come through the marketing department. It is our privilege to make your job easier in covering our healthcare experts, medical services, facilities, community events and patient stories. We will be happy to work with you to connect reporters and producers with these specialists.
It is important to remember: Consent forms MUST BE filled out and signed before reporters can interview patients or family members. To protect the privacy of patients and families, a representative from marketing MUST accompany all reporters and photographers on any Phoebe campus.
As outlined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), media outlets MUST ask about a patient by name. Phoebe can only release a one-word description of that patient's condition.
Definitions of the conditions approved by the American Hospital Association:
- Undetermined - Patient is awaiting physician and/or assessment.
- Good - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable; indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious, but may be uncomfortable indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may not be conscious indicators are unfavorable.